Spectrum Collection Brushes has been on my wish list for quite some time and I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Bombshell Collection gifted from my beautiful mother in law.
For those of you who have your eyes closed your entire life, Spectrum Collections is a vegan trademarked cruelty free cosmetic brand who specialise in beautifully bold, vegan and cruelty free makeup brushes, applicators and tools. Their collections are quick to become the most photogenic makeup brushes around with their gorgeous colour pallets. You can shop their collections online or shop at Beauty Bay.
This set includes 12 stunning brushes, which of course showcases my favourite colours being blush, rose gold, and hot pink. The bristles show an ombre effect and are seemingly very high quality synthetic hair which makes them super soft and easier to clean. What I love about this set is the fact it comes with all of the essentials for face, eyes and lips, just the tools you’ll need to create makeup masterpieces. Now can we talk about the case it’s in? I mean just LOOK AT IT! It’s seriously a mermaid lover’s dream. It’s available in a shell shape case or an oyster roll with a beautiful holographic finish on the outside and blue fabric on the inside with rose gold detailing and you know I’m all about the rose gold.
Now let’s look at what the set consists of.
(Small guide to Spectrum brushes’ code: the letters indicate whether it’s an Application brush, a Buffing/Blending brush or a Contouring brush. Sometimes the brushes’ name slightly changes, or some brush is listed differently in the sets – that’s why the codes come really handy).
- A00 – Luxe Powder – (currently not available individually) A powder brush to set your face after foundation and to blend together all face powders.
- C03 – Tulip Powder – Used for blush or bronzer. The tapered shape gives exact placement of product.
- A02 – Angled Foundation – This new, softer, version is great for applying liquid foundation. It’s thicker and denser, meaning you can get higher coverage results.
- C02 – Flat Top Contour – This brush will help to really buff and blend your contouring with precision, specifically underneath cheekbones and the jaw.
- A05 – Precision Blush – The perfect brush to colour to your cheeks with.
- B05 – Luxe Blender – (currently not available individually). Use the new B05 Luxe Blender to create beautifully blended eye looks, buff in precise contour around the nose, highlight the brow bone, or buff in your concealer. I would particularly use for highlight.
- A07 – Colour Applicator – This one is ideal for getting your base eye shadow on and building up the colour.
- B06 – Tall Tapered Blender – Use to blend out colour or build up shade in the contours of the eye. 100% must have because you can’t put together a proper set without a good blending brush in it!
- A12 – Fluffy Pencil – This small pencil brush allows the most precise application everywhere on the eyes (inner or outer corners, crease, lash lines, brow bones, and so on). Works as a small blending brush too.
- A13 – Short Smudge – This is perfect to work on the lower lids, for small lines & detailing.
- A14 – Winger Definer – The perfect brow brush or this little beauty gets right into the lash line for precise and easy application of gel liner.
- A15 – Lip Liner – The firm, flat bristles of the lip liner brush are perfect for defining and filling the lips. The tapered tip allows for precise application before filling your lips.
Now a teeny tiny review with my experience so far without actually using this collection (It’s just to pretty to use!)
- I placed the order on the 22nd of October and the goods were shipped on the 24th of October which was the next working day. Shipping price was roughly $15 and the goods were received on the 11th of November so a total of 15 working days. I found this was normal for international shipments. The only thing I would suggest is I think there should be a discount code for free shipping if you spend over a certain amount.
- The package arrived neatly packed in a purple bag and the casing was wrapped in clear packaging, with all brushes also in its own individual clear packaging.
- There are no words to how beautiful I found the design. These colours I live for and I can’t help but fall in love every time I see them. I honestly think they are just too pretty to touch. I extremely love the fact you choose which case you prefer. The gorgeous clam that can be transformed to a bag or the more travel friendly oyster roll. I’m very keen to see which one would be more popular!
- Considering I haven’t used them yet I still noticed that the quality of the brushes were amazing. I do only have one other brush set to compare it to which I paid around $80 for but already see a difference in how soft the bristles are.
- Price wise it sells for roughly $134 AUD and about $15 AUD for shipping which I by far is the most expensive set I own. Thankyou again to my beautiful mother and law for spoiling me! Although it seems that this money is well justified and I honestly couldn’t be any happier to have this little set in my hands.
So my final thoughts are really really positive and my favourite beauty buy so far! Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts on these Spectrum Collections Bombshell Collection. Have you ever tried any of Spectrum brushes? Do you have a favourite brush in your makeup stash?